Trainers and Co-Founders of AARM
Peter Cummings, LCSW
Peter is the originator of the Adult Attachment Repair Model (AARM), a comprehensive approach to treating complex trauma. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with more than 40 years as a mental health professional, Peter’s professional passion and his excitement is reflected in this later career contribution to the field in the form of the AARM.
Peter has presented the AARM at international conferences and has been training therapists since 2005. Peter has devoted the last 15 of his 40 years of practice to a full-time practice experimenting exclusively with various neural modulating approaches. His efforts have culminated into a comprehensive model for emotional healing and even self-actualization.
Through the use of neuro-moduling methods, derived from the Neuroscience of Social and Personal Interaction (Johnson, 2001), he has devised a systematic approach to resolve attachment trauma, the specific form of developmental disappointments that infects all subsequent life experiences.
Before dedicating full-time to clinical practice, Peter’s following accomplishments lend to his broad scope of knowledge about emotional trauma and healing:
- Special recognition by the Office for Research Communications, National Institute on Drug Abuse for designing and implementing a model EAP as profiled inthe governments publication, Strategic Planning for Workplace Drug Abuse Programs,
- Designed and established two internal governmental Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
- Established himself as a content expert and organizational consultant in avoiding workplace violence.
- Conducted over 400 critical incident stress debriefings (CISD). During this time he worked with emergency personnel; i.e., fire fighters, police, paramedics and banks.
- Peter’s workplace specialty also includes organizational development as a consultant to private and public organizations on handling difficult employees, disability management under the ADA, violence reduction measures, and managing gender reassigned employees.
Bill Latta, Ph.D.
Clinical and organizational psychologist for 50 years
Capt. U.S. Army Chief Psychologist Brooke General Hospital and Fort Sam Houston, Fort Riley Kansas, Training Director Army psychologists, Consultant Medical Field Service Schools, Walter Reed, Tripler, Fitzsimmons, and San Francisco Presidio. Founded U.S. Army Human Relations School and Lead Consultant on a multiyear organizational change program for the U.S. Army Chaplain Corps.
Director of Organizational Development, Houston Texas managed the integration of the largest unintegrated school system in the United States: students, faculty and administration.
Dean and Cofounder, California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego , now Alliant University, Full Professor, San Diego State University, University of Hawaii and California School of Professional Psychology.
International Consultant to many Fortune 500 companies. Consultant/Advisor to billionaire entrepreneurs located around the world in North America, Central America, Europe and Asia.
Codirector of GRIPS, Risk Management Institute. A think tank designed to assess future risk and solutions in the world for the insurance industry.
Consultant to US government departments, for example, Secretary of Education.
Trained practitioner in Group Dynamics, Gestalt, Bioenergetics, Focusing , Hypnosis and other forms of Somatic Release